Knights Of The Rounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights Of The Rounds

Offical Forums Of The Horde Guild, Knights Of The Rounds.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Install Addons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scoff

Scoff

How to Install Addons Empty
PostSubject: How to Install Addons   How to Install Addons I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:33 pm

First of all you will you will need a tool to extract your addons. I'd recommend WinRaR (it supports almost every compression format there is) which can be found here.

Now you will have to get the addon(s) you need. 2.4.3 (Current version of wowscape) compatible addons can be found here. Now that you have your addon(s) downloaded you will have to navigate to your wow addons folder. Default path is C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\*Place the addon(s) in here*.
Now you need to extract them. Congratulations! You have just installed your addon(s) Smile

After you have installed them you need to activate them in game. So login and now you should see an addons tab in the low left corner of your character screen. Go ahead and click on the AddOns tab. Now you should see a new window where you should see your installed addons. Make sure they are checked and that the "Load out of date AddOns" checkbox is checked. Now enter the world and configure your addons!

I can't include how to configure every specific addon but here are some of the most useful ones. Smile
Type all these commands into the chat without any spaces or anything. Description after -

/cartographer - Access the Cartographer configuration. NOTE: It is recommended to set "Guild Positions" off since (atleast for me) it will show error message everytime you open your map.

/qh - Shows Quest Helper commands and information about them.
/qh settings - Opens Quest Helper settings box.
NOTE: Quest Helper requires Cartographer to function correctly.

PS: usually when you DL an addon there is some information how to access the config n' stuff.

Last edited by Scoff on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DesertFlame

DesertFlame

How to Install Addons Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Install Addons   How to Install Addons I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:16 pm

Thanks bro, this will come to great use for the guild.
Back to top Go down

How to Install Addons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Of The Rounds :: [KOTR] Guild :: General-
Jump to: